Sports Management MBA
If you're looking for a way to combine your love of sports and business, a Sports Management MBA is the ideal choice. You'll get to pursue a "grown-up" job in the business world without abandoning your childhood love of the game.
A Masters of Business Administration in sports management can be quite an intensive program. Like all MBA students, you will have to learn essential theories related to finance, marketing, and management. While you're pursuing a sports management MBA, however, you'll also learn about the principles and theories that apply specifically to the business side of sports. Some of the areas you might study include:
- Ethical dilemmas and issues in sports
- The role of government in sport and leisure organizations
- The business of specific sports (hockey, basketball, baseball, etc.)
- The role of sports in society at large
- Important laws related to sports
- Marketing sports teams and products
The sports industry is absolutely massive, and there are many different career directions you might take once you obtain your Masters of Business Administration in Sports Management. Some of the more common positions for individuals with a sports management MBA include:
- Sports team manager - With a sports management MBA, you could pursue a career managing a professional basketball, baseball, or hockey team.
- Manager/operator for sports organizations - Whether it's a non-profit organization that seeks to give all kids the chance to play sports or a profitable golf course, your chances of being hired to manage or operate various sports organizations are much greater if you have an MBA in sports management.
- Careers connected with the selling, marketing, or development of sports-related products - There are a plethora of products related to sports: t-shirts, jerseys, mugs, flags…you name it. With an MBA in sports management, you can help companies sell and market existing products, and possibly develop brand new ones.
What Schools Offer Sports Managements MBAs?
Once you've decided that a Masters of Business Administration in sports management is the right choice for you, the next step is to choose a quality school that will give you the tools and education you need to succeed in your chosen career. Online MBAs, which give you the opportunity to complete your degree from home on your own schedule, are a popular choice. All of the schools listed on this site offer this convenient option. Contact them for more information to decide which school would be best for you.