Risk Management MBA
Operating any business involves some amount of inherent risk. Most business owners, however, strive to reduce risk whenever they can, which translates into higher profits for their company. Risk management is a broad field, and individuals possessing an MBA in this area are highly sought after by employers in various industries.
During a Masters of Business Administration in risk management, students will take a variety of courses that will provide a strong background in the area of risk management. Some of the areas that students will study during a risk management MBA include:
- The importance of risk management in the insurance industry
- Property risk management
- Liability risk management
- Product risk management
- Professional risk management
- Environmental risk management
One of the best things about obtaining a Masters of Business Administration in risk management is that there are numerous possible career paths. Just a few of the positions somebody with a risk management MBA might be hired for are:
- Insurance underwriter: Insurance companies are only able to make a profit if they can effectively assess the amount of risk that potential clients pose. An insurance underwriter will first calculate how much of a risk a potential client is, and then use this information to calculate premiums, determine the amount of coverage they are eligible for, and decide whether or not they should be insured.
- Personal financial advisor: A person with a Risk Management MBA is also well-suited to be a personal financial advisor. They can help clients decide where to invest their money and advise them on the level of risk involved in various investment decisions.
- Financial manager: Almost every type of organization has at least one financial manager. These individuals oversee the finances of the entire company, and are responsible for deciding how a company should invest its money, preparing financial reports, developing and implementing cash management strategies, and performing various other duties (depending on where they work).
What Schools Offer Risk Managements MBAs?
If you're interested in obtaining a risk management MBA, you should know that taking two years off to attend school full time is no longer your only option. You can now obtain a Masters of Business Administration in risk management online. All of the schools listed on this site are great choices. They are some of the top online schools in the country, offering some of the best online Risk Management MBA programs anywhere. Contact them to find out more about their great programs, and take control of your future.