Real Estate MBA
Regardless of where you live, chances are that real estate is one of the biggest industries in your area. Because the real estate industry is so huge and has so many associated career paths and opportunities, completing a real estate MBA can help you move up in your present job or start a new career.
Completing a Masters of Business Administration in Real Estate will give you the opportunity to learn more about a number of aspects of this important industry, including:
- Real estate investing
- Important real estate laws
- Topics related to real estate development
- International real estate topics
Those who possess a Masters of Business Administration in real estate can pursue a number of job opportunities. Some common positions an individual with a real estate MBA might be hired for include:
- Managing a real estate firm: While others might have to work many years to get this type of position, those with a real estate MBA are often hired directly into management positions.
- Real estate investment business owner: Starting a real estate investment firm is a viable option for individuals who have a Masters of Business Administration in real estate.
- Real estate developer: Those involved in the real estate development business engage in a variety of activities. They might renovate rental buildings to make them more lucrative to rent, or they could purchase tracts of land and construct houses or rental buildings to make a profit.
- Commercial broker: Those with an MBA in real estate can also get involved in the financial side of the business by serving as a commercial broker. These professionals typically make a living by earning commissions when new leases are signed by tenants.
What Schools Offer Real Estate MBAs
There are several schools that offer accredited Real Estate MBA programs, and getting this prestigious degree no longer has to mean putting your life and career on hold for two years. Many institutions are recognizing the demand for more flexible options, and are now offering online Real Estate MBA degrees. These will allow you to work on your MBA when you have time, whether it's after your kids go to bed or before you leave for work in the morning. All of the universities listed on this site offer convenient online options, and contacting them is an easy and quick way to find out more about their high quality real estate MBA programs and how they can help you achieve your career goals.